How to Prepare Your Home for a Rug or Carpet Cleaning
- Remove Decor and Clutter to make the cleaning process as efficient and effective as possible. Set small decor and accent furniture in a nearby room until the cleaning is complete.
- Make Preparations for Your Pets so they aren’t nervous around new people or new smells. The process won’t take long, so it may be as simple as leaving your dog or cat in a different room.
- Make Note of Stains and Areas that Need Focus so our team of professionals can get to work right away. While we certainly clean the entire rug, we want to put extra focus on areas you see as an eyesore.
Area Rug Moth Damage Requires Professional HelpMoth infestation in carpets and area rugs is a rapidly growing problem in homes around Florida, especially in warmer areas like Pinellas County. Humid climates are the ideal environment for the growth of moth eggs and larvae.
- Examine all wool area rugs and oriental rugs, especially dark spots under furniture, for areas with missing fabric. Keep an eye out for moth eggs that resemble large grains of sand.
- Area rugs must be cleaned every two years to prevent infestations that often lead to ruined oriental and area rugs.